Wednesday, July 22, 2009

World of Warcraft... the Movie?

Direct from Examiner.com, I bring you rumors of a World of Warcraft movie.  Yes, that's right... a movie.  Actually, this shouldn't come as too big a surprise to the roughly 11 million subscribers who pay to play the world's most popular MMORPG.  It was really only a matter of time before somebody decided to exploit the popularity of this Guiness Book of World Records-holding triumph of time-wasty-ness for their own personal gain.

But don't get me wrong... I'm just jealous it's not me.

According to Miss Tanya Gupta of Examiner.com, Legendary Pictures, Blizzard Entertainment, and Warner Bros. will be working jointly on the film, and Sam Raimi of Spiderman fame has been hired to direct.  While no specific timeframe is set forth by Miss Gupta, she asserts that Raimi is slated to start work as soon as he's finished with Spiderman 4.

This could rock, or this could suck.  I, for one, will keep an open mind.  I like the Warcraft series.  It's got some great plot potentional.  I just hope that Raimi understands he's going to be dealing with some real fanatics, so staying true to the background of the game is going to be pretty important.  I say to you, Mr. Raimi:  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment