Monday, October 5, 2009

Drupal Notes Series

prodrupal

Over the past few months, I’ve been working on a website project in my spare time.  In order to speed up deployment of the site, I decided to use Drupal.

While Drupal, with all it’s addons and plugins and themes, is a very complete system for people making community portals, e-commerce websites, internal intranets, and many other flavors of website, it doesn’t quite handle the concept of my project.  Because of this, I’m going to be learning how to extend Drupal’s basic functionality.

In order to make my life a bit easier, I purchased a copy of Pro Drupal Development, Second Edition.  I’m hoping the book can help me figure out how to properly and cleanly add the functionality I’m looking for.  I thumbed through it, and things look promising.

So, in the spirit of sharing, I’m going to be posting my personal notes on Drupal development.  I’ll post one installment every week, Monday morning at around 8am.  I’m going to cover everything from how to set up your initial installation to how to add custom modules.


No comments:

Post a Comment