Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Alltel and Verizon Merger

This has been a long time in the making, and it looks like it's finally going to happen: Verizon will be buying Alltel.

In an article posted Monday, January 5th, CNET News reported that an FCC filing submitted by Verizon Wireless the previous week outlined Verizon's plan to "close its acquisition of regional carrier Alltel by Friday, January 9." This acquisition will make Verizon the largest wireless carrier in the United States, surpassing AT&T.

As an Alltel customer, I'm still not exactly sure what this is going to mean to me. I've been with Alltel for several years now, and really like their service. I've not heard a thing from either Alltel or Verizon, by phone, mail, or email, concerning what sort of change I'm going to see.

I don't normally do this, but I'm wondering... what's your opinion? If you happen across this post, and have feelings, good or bad, about the Verizon buyout of Alltel, please post them below. I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is a little uneasy about the future of my wireless service.

No comments:

Post a Comment