Friday, February 20, 2009

Geek Toy Friday - ThinkGeek.com

I was online this morning, trying to figure out what I was going to feature on today's Geek Toy Friday, when I ran across one of my old favorite websites.  ThinkGeek.com has been one of my favorite sites for checking out the weird world of odd-ball toys for a long time, but it had been a while since I visited.  I'm happy to report, though their staff has grown (including the addition of a new office dog), they maintain the same "I'm a geek and I'm proud" attitude that made them so endearing when I discovered the site roughly three years ago.

For those of you who are unaware of what ThinkGeek.com does, they sell toys, gadgets, clothes, and other items that cater to the now well-established culture of geek.  What once was the object of school-yard bullying is now a point of pride amongst the "smart masses" that shop the pages at ThinkGeek.com.  The employees themselves are all self-described geeks, and don't hesitate in sharing the geekiest parts of their personalities on their About Us pages.  The end result is a retail site that reminds us that there's a geek in all of us, and that geeks can have a ton of fun, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment