Thursday, May 7, 2009

FrontPage 2003 Users, Beware of SP3

Yesterday, our desktop computer administrators decided to install Service Pack 3 for Office 2003 on all of our machines.  It turns out that, much to my dismay, SP3 causes problems in FrontPage 2003.

If you do any ASP.NET development, you're probably familiar with the <asp:textbox> tag.  This tag can be used to create a textbox on a form on your webpage, which can then be manipulated and read from the server, thus giving you access to user input.  This, and every other ASP.NET input tag that I've tried, no longer renders correctly in the WYSIWYG editor in FrontPage.  Instead, you're met with a huge grey box with an arcane error message such as: "An unhandled exception has occurred.  RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();"

So far my Google searches for any information on this error have turned up empty.  I will post anything I find out over the next few days, and I ask anyone who has information concerning this error, please post it in the comments so we can figure out a fix for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment